This Conversation Activation Pack will give you practice in using the following expressions in a natural, realistic way:
- a bit rich
- bail out
- bite the hand that feeds you
- build bridges
- bump into
- by any means
- call on
- come across
- come by
- come off it
- get out of hand
- hear someone out
- hook up
- make amends
- not have the foggiest
- not put something past someone
- olive branch
- pay off a debt
- Ponzi scheme
- pop in
- pull someone’s leg
- reflect on
- ring a bell
- run into
- sent down
- spot on
- time off for good behaviour
- to sink something
- to what do I owe this pleasure?
- turn over a new leaf
- turn the clock back
- win someone round
Phrasal Verbs, Idioms, and Grammar are all covered in a natural way.
It also contains a dictionary with all of the vocabulary and expressions from the conversation simulation which we felt might be new to you.
You can work your way through the dictionary before doing the conversation simulation, or you can do the conversation simulation first and then look up any expressions that you are not familiar with afterwards.
Either way. you will have a bit of fun while learning how to use these expressions.
The voices used in this Conversation Activator are generated by state-of-the-art systems from Amazon and Google which use artificial intelligence (AI) to mimic the human voice.
To check how well you have understood and remembered the new vocabulary and expressions, the Conversation Activator also has an interactive quiz.
Become a Britlisher!
Sign Up Today for Your Free Welcome Pack of English Learning Material
Sign up as our 2,566th Britlisher and all of this FREE material will be yours:
- Free Pronunciation Activation Pack – To see how you can quickly improve your pronunciation
- Irregular English Verbs Activator – Activate 170 Irregular English Verbs
- The Pig – Poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Daffodils – A poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Sheeple – Exclusive Britlish Material to help you learn vocabulary
- Down in the Dumps – A comic to help learn some idioms
- A Child’s History of England Part 1 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 1
- A Child’s History of England Part 2 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 2
- Level Tests – 5 Flash-based level tests to test your level of English from A1 Elementary to C2 Proficient
- Up To – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- On – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Under – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Farm Animals – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Much Choice Many Choices – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Fuzzy the Bear – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- How to Be Happy – A Flash-based exercise in happiness
Britlishers also receive the Britlish Newsletter with news about new innovative English material posted every week on Britlish.