Prepositions of Place
I hate prepositions!
Students hate prepositions because prepositions are difficult to learn for several reasons.
- There are a lot of prepositions.
- Most prepositions have several meanings depending on context.
- Many prepositions are monosyllabic and difficult to hear in normal speech.
- Prepositions cannot be literally translated from one language to another.
Prepositions of place
Prepositions of place answer the question: Where?
- Where is the cat?
- It’s on the mat.
Prepositions in this pack
- at the end of
- in front of
- next to
- to the left of
- to the right of
In this English Activation Pack, I will ask you to decide where things are in various pictures.
For instance, in this picture, where is the woman?
The answer would be: The woman is sitting on the bench.
Where is the man in this picture?
The man is standing under the car.
The man is standing underneath the car.
Only at Britlish.com
The many interactive exercises in this English Activation Pack are only available at Britlish.com.
The Activators at the end of the Pack will give you plenty of exercises to help you master the use of prepositions of place in English.
You can pay what you want for access to the entire Britlish Library or you can get a 48-hour Britlish Library Pass for free at Britlish.com.
As well as the Prepositions Activator, I have also included a Vocabulary Activator.
Made up of the vocabulary in the Prepositions Activator, the Vocabulary Activator will help you to improve your vocabulary in an engaging way.
Become a Britlisher!
Sign Up Today for Your Free Welcome Pack of English Learning Material
Sign up as our 2,566th Britlisher and all of this FREE material will be yours:
- Free Pronunciation Activation Pack – To see how you can quickly improve your pronunciation
- Irregular English Verbs Activator – Activate 170 Irregular English Verbs
- The Pig – Poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Daffodils – A poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Sheeple – Exclusive Britlish Material to help you learn vocabulary
- Down in the Dumps – A comic to help learn some idioms
- A Child’s History of England Part 1 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 1
- A Child’s History of England Part 2 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 2
- Level Tests – 5 Flash-based level tests to test your level of English from A1 Elementary to C2 Proficient
- Up To – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- On – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Under – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Farm Animals – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Much Choice Many Choices – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Fuzzy the Bear – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- How to Be Happy – A Flash-based exercise in happiness
Britlishers also receive the Britlish Newsletter with news about new innovative English material posted every week on Britlish.