Created using industry-leading e-learning software, English Mysteries are finding new ways to make learning interesting, engaging, and effective, through the gamification of the learning process.
Interact with each character and ask questions to help you uncover their secrets and reveal the clues that will help you accuse the right character of the crime.
To check that you understand everything you have been told by each character, you will have to pass a knowledge check before progressing to the next round.
You will find important clues in each round which, if you pay careful attention, will help you understand each character’s motives for committing the crime.
Glossary of Terms
Each English Mystery has a complete glossary of terms used in it. This glossary acts like a dictionary, helping the student with unfamiliar language.
Expose their dark secrets!
As you investigate the characters you will come to understand them and the little secrets they might rather keep hidden. You get hours of entertaining content including hundreds of carefully crafted images, numerous sound files, plenty of knowledge checks, a glossary to help you, numerous clues to consider and much, much more besides.
Natural and Fun
With compelling story lines and interesting characters, English Mysteries help the student learn English by fully engaging them in each round of the game. In order to correctly solve the mystery, the player must understand what they are reading, hearing, and learning.
Created Through Experience
English Mysteries have been created by a teacher with many years experience in teaching English who just happens to have been a British police officer as well. Richard uses his 12 years of police experience to good effect in the writing of every English Mystery.
An Exciting Adventure Awaits
Who will you speak to first? Conversation simulation technology allows you to interview each of the characters in the English Mystery during each round of the game to find out what they know.
Become a Britlisher!
Sign Up Today for Your Free Welcome Pack of English Learning Material
Sign up as our 2,566th Britlisher and all of this FREE material will be yours:
- Free Pronunciation Activation Pack – To see how you can quickly improve your pronunciation
- Irregular English Verbs Activator – Activate 170 Irregular English Verbs
- The Pig – Poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Daffodils – A poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Sheeple – Exclusive Britlish Material to help you learn vocabulary
- Down in the Dumps – A comic to help learn some idioms
- A Child’s History of England Part 1 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 1
- A Child’s History of England Part 2 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 2
- Level Tests – 5 Flash-based level tests to test your level of English from A1 Elementary to C2 Proficient
- Up To – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- On – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Under – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Farm Animals – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Much Choice Many Choices – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Fuzzy the Bear – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- How to Be Happy – A Flash-based exercise in happiness
Britlishers also receive the Britlish Newsletter with news about new innovative English material posted every week on Britlish.