You’re in Trouble
An anecdote from the police career of Richard, the founder of Britlish.
This Listening Activation Pack is available exclusively at Britlish.com.
I haven’t always been an English teacher. Indeed, I have done quite a few jobs, including two stints as a police officer. When I look back on my days as a police officer, I can recall many incidents that I’d like to share with you as anecdotes to help you develop your reading, listening comprehension, and vocabulary skills.
Today’s anecdote is about an incident I dealt with while working on my beat in the small village of Saint Martins, in Shropshire, England. I was, at the time, the village policeman, and spent my days driving around my beat in my trusty old Land Rover. It was a very sleepy village, and exciting incidents were few and far between. I should warn you that the incident I’m about to relate to you is not particularly exciting. Nevertheless, it’s certainly one incident in my policing career that I shall never forget.
To really activate your listening skills, your vocabulary, and your reading comprehension, pay what you want at Britlish for this Listening Activation Pack, or take out a membership and get unlimited access to the whole library. You can also get a Britlish Library 7-Day Pass for the price you want to pay.
Become a Britlisher!
Sign Up Today for Your Free Welcome Pack of English Learning Material
Sign up as our 2,566th Britlisher and all of this FREE material will be yours:
- Free Pronunciation Activation Pack – To see how you can quickly improve your pronunciation
- Irregular English Verbs Activator – Activate 170 Irregular English Verbs
- The Pig – Poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Daffodils – A poem to help you with the rhythm of English
- Sheeple – Exclusive Britlish Material to help you learn vocabulary
- Down in the Dumps – A comic to help learn some idioms
- A Child’s History of England Part 1 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 1
- A Child’s History of England Part 2 – Listen to Richard reading Chapter 2
- Level Tests – 5 Flash-based level tests to test your level of English from A1 Elementary to C2 Proficient
- Up To – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- On – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Under – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Farm Animals – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Much Choice Many Choices – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- Fuzzy the Bear – Study pack to go with the video English lesson
- How to Be Happy – A Flash-based exercise in happiness
Britlishers also receive the Britlish Newsletter with news about new innovative English material posted every week on Britlish.